Recent Post

thumbnail

Wednesday Nesting: Brocanting in Europe {for your wedding?}, p.2

Did you miss my first post on my European Brocanting adventures? Click here to catch up. 

A few weekends ago, I made the trek back to my beloved Belgium {It is such a fantastically fun country, I just adoooore it!} with a few girlfriends to check out the new wares at the Tongeren flea market. Here's a peek at some of the pretties we came across:


Looooved the beautiful French chairs and settee! If they're still there next time we go, I'm getting them! ;o)

update MONTHS later, this vendor showed up with the chairs and settee and I scarfed them up. They're sitting pretty in our little abode now. :o)


I finally found a miniature dress form {above left}! I saw it inside a sweet little shop and as soon as I did, I near-galloped in to ask how much it was. She was quickly tucked under my arm and headed home with me. I think she looks lovely with one of my prized necklaces draped around her neck! ;o) I also scored another larger dress form that is too adorable for words! {Click here for my ideas on incorporating dress forms in a wedding}


Love, love, love French caned chairs {and most any other French chairs}!
(I brought that beauty on the left home with me!)

And, lastly, I thought I'd give you a tiny non-antique peek at the town of Tongeren! I have fallen madly in love with the way Belgians artfully prepare their delicious sandwiches ... I can't even describe it but they are glorious - definitely try one if you find yourself in Belgium {that and a waffle - they're crazy good, too!}. So when I saw the fabulous sandwich shop "sign" below, I had to snap a shot. The stuffed bunnies were in a butcher shop a few blocks away ... a little disturbing but definitely interesting. Must say, husband was quite put off. haha.


Have you been antiquing/brocanting for your wedding? What are you looking for? What have you found? Share your favorite find - I love hearing stories!

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments

About