Recent Post

thumbnail

Candy Bars = out, like yesterday | Drink Bars = IN {+ here to stay}!

I suppose the blog title says it all but let me explain a teensy bit. I hate to knock something in its entirety so yes, if your candy bar was designed and brought to life by Amy Atlas and the ganache in your imported macarons from Paris match the sashes on your bridesmaids dresses, ... okay ... fine, your candy bar is probably totally fabulous in its own desperate way ..... But. Most candy bars I've seen in real life and on the webs, ... well, they look more like they were designed for a second-grade Valentine's Day party. You know what I'm talking about ... the M&Ms sorted by color and scooped into clear vases ... twizzlers {sometimes still in the wrappers - really?!?} plopped inside another clear vase ... etc. etc. When images of this sort start to become ubiquitous, I find it clear that a trend has run its course. Are you with me?

So I'm saying farewell to the now-ick candy bar and giving the drink bar a warm + welcome hello!
I'm really loving the minimalistic approach of this Martini Bar via Sunday Suppers. You don't always need ribbons and bows and color-coordinated ingredients ... jus' sayin. This looks fresh, clean and inviting.
The understated labels are fun yet simple. I. heart. ... and am ready for a 'tini!
If you're dying to turn up the decor quotient a tad, how about this cocktail bar via Southern Living {below}? I love the 'W' monogram made of mums. And the lemons and limes add some vibrant color.


I know if I were heading to a wedding and spotted a bar like one of the two shown above, I'd be beelining. And if it were a Bloody Mary bar, sorry, you'd be left in the dust. :o)

Are you planning on having a drink bar at your wedding? If so, share in the comments what drinks you'll be serving. And if you're planning on doing a candy bar, please share the why. ;o) j/k ... sort of.

Images: Top 4 via Sunday Suppers. Last image via Southern Living.

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments

About