Recent Post

thumbnail

FOR SALE | Darling Vintage Wedding Cake Topper

If you follow me on Instagram, @classic_bride, you may have seen me tease about the two little darlings I'm sharing today. I found these sweeties in an antique shop in San Antonio and it was love at first sight. I know they will be just beautiful atop a wedding cake someday soon and I think it's so fun to know you will be part of an unknown legacy of love stories from the past.

I imagine these darlings long ago sat upon a 6-tiered wedding cake at a soiree so black tie it would make Gatsby green with envy.

The groom is holding a black top hat and has a white bow tie. The bride is wearing a mesh veil and carrying a bouquet of white flowers. The two are standing upon a decorated pedestal which is adorned with fabric flowers. While the pedestal has become slightly discolored, I think the variance creates a patina that can only be achieved with the ages - it gives it character and a history that you won't find on new cake toppers. If the coloring really bothers you, it would be incredibly easy to touch up with some white paint. You can also easily remove the fabric flowers if they don't suit you.

I think these cuties are made of chalk but I'm not positive and I would guess that they date back to the 1920s or 1930s but again, I can't be sure as they are not marked. The couple measures 5 inches tall. The base measures 3 inches deep and 3.5 inches wide.

Price: $95.00 + shipping
If you'd like a shipping quote, just message me your zip code at theclassicbride [at] gmail.com


If you'd like to know more or have any questions about this vintage wedding cake topper, just message me at theclassicbride [at] gmail.com and I'll be happier to chat with you.

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments

About