Recent Post

thumbnail

FOR SALE | My Mom's 1960s Emma Domb Wedding Dress {& it was featured in Matchbook!}


Like I teased on Friday, I've got a bombshell to drop, my loves! After a lot of talk, my Mom has decided she's ready to part with her incredibly chic 1960s Emma Domb wedding dress (that's her in the flirty frock above). And yep, that's the same gorge dress I wore for my Parisian Love Shoot which was showcased in a 16-page feature in Matchbook magazine last February.

My Mom and I are hoping the story of this dress will continue to unfold by finding a third legacy and love story. :) We know it won't find that by sitting pretty in the closet so if you're interested, I've put together some photos from my Parisian Shoot that showcase almost all angles of the lovely dress, as well as detail shots {+1 of my Mom in the dress!}. Peruse at your leisure and if you still find yourself interested or with questions, shoot me an e-mail. Serious inquiries only, please!


About the Dress
The dress is a true vintage gem from the 1960s. My mother purchased the sweet A-line dress in 1969 from a beachfront boutique in Southern California. The designer is Emma Domb and the ivory dress is a true size 5. The dress features a wide bateau neckline and has a darling bow on the center bodice with exquisite ivory floral lace accenting the sleeves and down the front center panel. Below the bow, the dress features an inverted pleat showcasing the ivory floral lace. The floral lace really pops as it is just a shade darker than the dress fabric. The dress has a relaxed fit below the bust and hits right above the knee. In the back, the dress features a concealed zipper which runs from the lower back up to the neckline with a hook-and-eye closure at the neck.

Measurements 
34" bust | Relaxed 39" waist/hips | Length - 31.5" | Sleeves - 8"

Fabric
Peau de soie [French: A soft silk fabric of satin weave displaying a dull finish]

The dress has only been worn twice - once by my mom on her wedding day in 1969 and again by me for our Parisian Love Shoot last year. The dress is in fantastic vintage condition as it has been well-cared for and protected over the years.

Press
16-page feature in Matchbook magazine
I have long been enamored with my Mom's amazingly mod wedding dress and while living in Europe, I got the idea to style and model a wedding inspiration shoot in Paris with my husband. After almost a year of prepping, it finally came to fruition along with the help of talented photographer Juliane Berry. Soon after the shoot, our hard work was celebrated by a generous 16-page spread in Matchbook magazine. You can see my Mom's beautiful bridal attire spotlighted front and center in the lovely Matchbook feature here. The shoot has also been shared by many kind blogs, as well.



Want more?
Read the 16-page feature in Matchbook magazine showcasing the dress.
Check out the complete story of my Parisian Love shoot here {with lots more photos of the dress!}.
See the couture fashion illustration I had made of the dress for my Mom.
And if you're in the Parisian state of mind, check out my top tips for visiting Paris. ;)

Images: 1- unknown; 5+10- moi; + the rest were taken by Juliane Berry.

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments

About