Recent Post

thumbnail

Intimate Columbus, Ohio, Wedding by Adam Lowe Photography

There's something magical about today's wedding. I'm absolutely in love with the vintage glass box Violet and Jason used as a ring box {and the beautiful tradition they incorporated with it - you'll see}; the earthy natural palette of greens and whites; and the super cool urban + industrial venue the couple chose. Everything flows together so organically and seamlessly. It's beautiful in the best kind of way because everything feels oh-so-natural. Oh, and don't get me started on that lovely cake! / Gorge photos by Adam Lowe Photography.


Says Violet, "Style wise, my favorite touches were my accessories. I wanted a modern but vintage feel to my dress so I loved my vintage-looking earrings and veil, as well as the pop of color in my red shoes. 


My favorite memory of the day was actually spending time together before the wedding, taking pictures with our photographer ... it was the most time we were able to spend together. Once the wedding started we were too busy talking to all of our guests so it was nice to have that time together.


The vision for the day was to have an elegant but simple wedding. Mood wise, we wanted to keep it simple by not having bridesmaids or groomsmen, we wanted to keep it intimate with just the two of us. We only had Jason's sister and my brother read at the ceremony in order to include a few people we cared about in the ceremony. Decor wise, I really loved the aisle markers my mom made for the ceremony they gave it a whimsical feel. I also loved our cake topper and vintage suitcase we used for the place cards.



Since we didn't do a religious ceremony we were worried about our ceremony being too short. We wanted to add some depth or level of significance besides 'I do' so we researched different non-religious ceremonies and how to beef them up. We came across a ceremony called 'warming of the rings' where the guests get involved and pass the rings around and wish you good luck and bless them. Here is a link with more info.



We chose The Venue at Dock 580 because we loved the exposed brick and open feel of it. It had the industrial/vintage feel we were going for. We also knew we wanted the ceremony to take place at our venue and it had a very nice courtyard that still felt separate from the reception part of the venue. We preferred an outdoor ceremony and we definitely didn't want to get married in the same room as our reception. They also had a very simple pricing structure per head as opposed to per item which kept it simple.




Decor wise, I wanted our wedding to be classic and elegant as well as a little vintage. I chose mainly whites with touches of grey, beige and green, which are very earthy colors. I thought the white flowers, tablecloths/chairs looked nice against the brick of the venue.


We wanted to attend our cocktail hour since we were paying for it ;) and that also enabled us to have more time with our family and guests, as the day flies by so quickly.


I loved the silver mint julep vases we used for the flowers. I felt they added a classic touch to the tables."


Violet + Jason's Love Story:
Jason and I met at our place of work at the time. We were only friends for a few years, even though we were both attracted to each other ;) After awhile, we both figured out we liked each other and the rest is history.


Thank you so much to Violet and Jason for sharing their endearingly beautiful wedding and to Adam Lowe for sharing his always gorge photos with us! xx.

Violet leaves us with the one piece of advice she would give herself back when she was a bride-to-be {you know, if time travel were possible and all}: "I think it would be to relax more and not stress out. I tend to be a perfectionist so I stressed all the way till the wedding and on the day. Somehow at the end of the day it all works out no matter what little hiccups there might be."

ps. Did you miss Violet and Jason's engagement session? It only included the prettiest tulle skirt on Earth! See more here. ;)

Credits: Venue: Dock 580  / Photographer: Adam Lowe Photography / Cake: The Cake Studio / Flowers: DIY (Violet and her mom) through The Floweman / Hair: Jacob Neal - Garrett / Dress: Ramona Keveza - La Jeune Mariee / Earrings: Haute Bride, style EC907 / Shoes: Badgley Mishka / Veil: Twigs and Honey / Jason's Suit: DKNY / Jason's Shoes: Kenneth Cole / Aisle decor: made by Violet's mom from curly willow, tree trunks, and hydrangea

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments

About