Recent Post

thumbnail

Refined Kentucky Wedding at the Historic Hunt-Morgan House in Lexington

Lord knows I love a good Southern wedding and Cassie + Zach's beautiful Kentucky wedding offers up a delicious dose of refined Southern charm. From Cassie's Gatsby-inspired beaded dress and jade drop earrings {from her grandmother!} to the historic Hunt-Morgan House in downtown Lexington, I know you are going to love every last detail of this sweet fete! / Photos by Melanie Mauer.

Says Cassie, "Zach & I met summer of 2009 but remained just acquaintances until December 2009 when I decided last minute to go to Nashville with a group of friends, not knowing who all was going. We had a blast that night in downtown Nashville and he ended up being my New Years kiss and we've basically been together ever since. 


I carried a 5191 coin (tied around my bouquet) in memory of my grandfather & step-grandmother who were killed in the flight 5191 crash and wore my grandmother's ring on my right hand.


 The jade earrings were my great grandmother's (they were my "something borrowed," unfortunately my mom wouldn't let me keep them, no matter how hard I begged!)


My best friend, Rishi, officiated the wedding, we had a small ceremony around 60 people and a huge reception with the jimmy church band."



I most looked forward to..."Wearing my dress, being able to see everything that we'd planned come to life, and dancing the night away with our friends and family, and of course, marrying my best friend."

Thanks so much to Cassie and Zach for sharing their magical day with us and to the sweet and hugely talented Melanie Mauer for sharing her always gorgeous photos with us. xx.

Credits: Wedding Venue: Hunt Morgan House, Lexington, Kentucky / Reception: Idle Hour Country Club /  Event Planner: Sarah Leer / Florist: Patrick Howard / Cake: Martine's Pastries / Dress: Monique Lhuillier / Photographer: Melanie Mauer

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments

About