Recent Post

thumbnail

The Non-Gift-guide for Valentine's Day: Write a Love Letter!

Gift guides are popping up everywhere for the impending holiday and while I have spotted a few pretties I wouldn't mind having myself, I thought I'd try to share a refreshing "non-guide" to gifting this year. Over the weekend, my husband and I visited a museum in our neighborhood which is sponsoring a modern-day pony express service for Valentine's. We got to sit down and type out love letters to each other on an old typewriter that clicked and clacked and the museum will have our letters delivered to our home by bicycle on February 14 - for free. Seriously, how cool is that? The fun experience got me thinking how sweet the written word can be ...


So why don't you give the gift of your time this year ... sit down with a pen and paper ... or, if you're lucky, a vintage typewriter, and pour your heart out. I promise your love will cherish a letter so much more than a greeting card or a box of chocolates. {If you have something from Cartier tucked away, please disregard my previous sentiments.}

ps. If you're on the hunt for a gorge vintage typewriter, I'm selling the one featured in this post! And I have a classic glossy black one for sale, too. ;)


Secretly, I'm hoping for my favorite candy {sour patch kids, holla!} and a few flowers to go along with that little love note that I know is coming my way. ;) It's hard to believe that ten years ago this Valentine's, J proposed! Hope you all get exactly what you are wanting!! xx.

Images by moi.

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments

About