Recent Post

thumbnail

European {Honeymoon-Inspired} Travel Journal: Chateau du Ussé

NO. 40: Chateau du Ussé, France

Last week, I shared my week-long road trip through France with my bestie and I mentioned that we stopped Sleeping Beauty's castle, Chateau du Ussé. It was too hard for me to only share one or two photos from our visit so I thought I'd devote a full post to the beautiful castle today. I think French castle hopping in France would make for an amazing honeymoon and hopefully this post will convince you. A few years ago, I spent 11 days with my French friend, S, driving through the Loire Valley {which is packed with gorgeous castles} and it was seriously magical. [Check out my visits to Chenonceau and Chambord, Fontainebleau plus some of the cutest little Loire villages.]

Back to Sleeping Beauty's castle ... on our way to Aurora's abode, we kept passing the most darling chateaus:


This one was so striking that B turned into the driveway to give us a closer look!


The twisty roads on the way to Ussé felt so dreamy and magical:


And before we knew it, this beauty was in front of us:



... And we entered fairytale land ... except it was real which made it so much more incredible!

Eeek!
The view of the tiny village of Ussé from one of the castle windows.

Isn't it neat that we were able to tour the attic? And doesn't it looks so incredibly spooky??

Look at that moat!
The on-site chapel looked like a little jewel box!

The town of Ussé was just as mesmerizing:

Our [French] dinner on the run to our b&b in Brittany.
Want to visit Chateau du Ussé now?
Head on over:
Rue Principale
Rigny-Ussé, Centre, France
Phone +33 2 47 95 54 05

If you have any tips, insights, suggestions or comments, I'd love to hear them! Hope you enjoyed the second installment of the European {Honeymoon-Inspired} Travel Journal! Happy Honeymooning!

Did you miss the other entries of CB's Travel Journal? Click here to catch up! ;o)

{All images by me}

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments

About