Recent Post

thumbnail

Headed to Marfa, TX - Tips?

I briefly mentioned a few weeks ago that J&I were planning a roadtrip to Marfa, TX. Well, that weekend is here and we're getting ready to pack up the car and head out! I thought I'd share our loose itin below but if you have any tips or secret gems to share with me, I'd love to hear! xx.

- Prada Marfa. This ironic art installation is definitely what prompted me to plan this vaca. It's technically in Valentine, TX, which is about half an hour north of Marfa on U.S. 90. It was created by Michael Elmgreen and Ingar Dragset and unveiled in October 2005. If you're not familiar with the story, click on the link to find out. ;) / GPS coordinates: 30° 36′ 12.37″ N, 104° 31′ 6.52″ W'

- Ballroom Marfa. There are several galleries in Marfa that I'm excited to check out but this one sounds especially fun. Contemporary cultural arts space gallery housed in a converted dancehall that dates to 1927. / 108 E. San Antonio St. / Highway 90 West. Open Wednesday through Saturday, 10am-6pm, and Sunday, 10am-3pm.

- Marfa Mystery Lights. The sky around Marfa supposedly lights up with strange phenomenon (kind of like shooting stars or orbs) at night so the town built a Marfa Lights Viewing Platform a few miles out of the town ... obvs, we're going to have to check that out byob-style.

- Chill. Relax. Enjoy the desert.

Can't wait! Hope you'll follow my travels on Instagram (you can follow me @classic_bride). xx.

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments

About